Another trip out on my friend’s boat on 9th May, and another crochet blanket started. I have two works in progress at the moment, but neither of them are very portable, So as we always crochet in the evenings when we cruise, I just had to start a new project.
As usual, I looked on the internet for inspiration and found this on Pinterest. I followed the link to the pattern on Mam’zelle Flo’s blog. I had taken seven balls of Hayfields Bonus with me, so I decided to do random stripes.
The colours I used were: 904 – orchard; 957 – primrose; 969 – bluebell; 971 – navy; 984 – cerise; 992 – pink; 994 – denim.
I managed to complete about half of the blanket by 19th May, when we returned home from the boat and the other half the following week.
The only problem with stripes is the number of ends to be darned in. I really must start weaving them in as I go along.
Next decision was what to do for a border. I did one round of granny clusters and then a row of (UK) double crochet. I finished off with a fringe. This was made by making 10 chain then slip-stitching into the next double crochet all the way round. This was adapted from a pattern in the book “200 Crochet Flowers, Embellishments & Trims” by Claire Crompton.
The final blanket measured about 40 inches square. Just right for keeping my knees warm during the cool evenings in Spring and Autumn.